Accessibility statement for NELCCG-Accord.co.uk
This accessibility statement applies to https://nelccg-accord.co.uk/
This website is run by North East Lincolnshire Clinical Care Group (NELCCG) and We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is:
This site is non-compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Level AA
- We know several parts of this website are not currently accessible
- Not all interactive elements have sufficient visible focus
- Parts of the layout break on devices with a width of 320px
- Some text has insufficient contrast
- The menu does not communicate its state, via aria-expanded
- Forms are not grouped correctly
- Images have incorrect text alternatives
- Forms do have autocomplete attributes
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Address: NELCCG, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, DN31 1HU
NELCCG will consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
NELCCG is always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think NELCCG is not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: NELCCG.Comms@nhs.net
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how NELCCG responds to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
The Municipal offices have audio induction loops and this facility is available at: North East Lincolnshire Council, Municipal Offices, Town Hall Square, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, DN31 1HU
Find out how to contact us: https://www.northeastlincolnshireccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/have-you-say/
NELCCG is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is not compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. The non-compliances are listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations:
Non-text Content (Level A) Issues
- There is an image of text on the Past Opportunities page, which has a null alt attribute. This can be evidenced in Figure 2 - Image of Text Issue this layout could have been achieved with HTML.
- There are multiple other images of text, without a text alternative throughout the Past Opportunities page
- On the Home page, there is a list of 3 topics, each with an image, the images have the alt text of “man” or “woman”. This adds no context or value, these should be decorative images, also the man has the alt text of “woman” and both women have the alt text of man
1.3.1 Info and Relationships (Level A) Issues
- Many links are not interactive on the Past Opportunities page, the surrounding text informs a user some information or advice is available by visiting a link, or emailing using an email address, but these elements are in plain text.
- There are multiple sections, for Past Opportunities, may of which use a paragraph element and a strong element, in place of a heading element
- On the Past opportunities page, each Past Opportunity should be a self-contained section or article, the whole page appears as one continuous section, a word count tool shows there are 9,902 words and these all belong to one continuous section
- Groups of controls inputs/checkboxes are not correctly grouped on the Join Accord page
- Checkboxes/radio buttons that have long labels become difficult to comprehend when viewing at a smaller viewport
1.3.5 Input Purpose Issues
- Multiple form elements on the Join Accord page do not have an autocomplete attribute with the correct name value pair set.
1.4.3 Contrast (Minimum) Issues
- Links in the header have a colour #CCC against a background #FFF, which results in a contrast ratio of 1.6:1 and this should be 4.5:1 minimum
- Links in the navigation have a colour of #FFF against a background of #9cbd4c, which results in a contrast ratio of 2.14:1 and this should be 4.5:1 minimum.
- Multiple images of text, on the Past Opportunities page, including flyers, posters and such using insufficient colour contrast
- Links in the Latest News section on the Home page have a colour of #FFF against a background of #9cbd4c, which results in a contrast ratio of 2.14:1 and this should be 4.5:1
- The asterisk which indicates a filed is required on the Join Accord page has insufficient contrast 3.83:1 where this should be 4.5:1
1.4.4 Resize Text Issues
- Text is coded in pixel values (px) rather than relative units, this prevents a user from having the text displayed to their preference, by using the browser font size settings
- Zooming and scaling is disabled, in the viewport meta tag
1.4.5 Images of Text (Level AA) Issue
- Multiple instances of images of text, without suitable text alternative, on the Past Opportunities page
1.4.10 Reflow (Level AA) Issue
- Many of the images become cropped and obscure the content when the viewport is resized to 1280px and zoom set to 400%
- Site does not flow into a single column on a mobile device
- Image in header has its width set to 110px, this causes 2-dimensional scrolling, when the viewport is smaller than 1100px in width
- There is a URL on the Join Accord page, which is for the processing notice, the link is cut off at smaller viewports
1.4.11 Non-Text Contrast (Level AA) Issue
- The controls to increase the text size, in the header have a colour #CCC against a background #FFF, which results in a contrast ratio of 1.6:1 and this should be 3:1 minimum
1.4.13 Content on Hover or Focus (Level AA) Issue
- Many of the links in the main navigation open a sub-menu, on hover, this content causes issues for users that have magnified the screen, as it obscures content and is not easily dismissible
2.1.1 Keyboard (Level A) Issue
- The navigation opens fly-out content on hover, revealing a sub-menu, this sub menu cannot be displayed with a keyboard and pressing enter or space take the user to another page
- The controls for increasing the text size cannot receive keyboard focus
2.4.1 Bypass Blocks (Level A) Issue
- Much of the content on the site is not within landmarks, navigation and some sections sit outside of the
- A Skip link is not present
2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context) (Level A) Issues
Many links on the Past Opportunities page are plain text, as opposed to using interactive anchor tags and the surrounding text indicates the following link can be interacted with
2.4.5 Multiple Ways Issue
- There is no secondary navigation mechanism, such as a search input or sitemap
2.4.6 Headings and Labels Issues
- Headings are often used incorrectly and skip levels or do not structure content in the correct way
- Labels for grouped form elements are not programmatically associated with their inputs, using a role=”group” or
2.4.7 Focus Visible (Level AA) Issues
- Within the header and navigation, the focus indicator is barely visible, it has insufficient contrast
- Links on the Past Opportunities page do not contain sufficient contrast when focussed
- Focus is not sufficient on the Home page
3.3.1 Error Identification
- Forms do not contain error text, error identification is left to the user agent, which typically only highlights the first error
3.3.2 Labels or Instructions Issue
- Use of an asterisk, without first describing in text its purpose is present on the Join Accord page
- No text label is present to indicate which fields are required, on error
4.1.1 Parsing (Level A) Issues
- The Past Opportunities page has 23 HTML validation errors
- The Home page has 5 validation errors
- The Join Accord page has 5 HTML violations
4.1.2 Name, Role, Value (Level A) Issues
- The Text Size controls have no accessible name (hidden label, label or ARIA alternative)
- Video on the Home page is an iFrame element, without a title attribute
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
All PDFs and other office file formats that were published before 23 September 2018 are not in the scope of the regulations, however, we will review all attachments where possible and replace with HTML as part of our continuous improvement process across our digital portfolio. Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Videos that were published before 23 September 2020 do not have captions and an audio description. Any new videos will only be published with these features, in order to provide pre-recorded media that can be accessed by everybody.
What NELCCG is doing to improve accessibility
We had planned to have a new site before 23 September 2020, however, we have been unable to meet that original target date and hope to have a new site in place by the end of the year.
We are working with our ICT team with a view to redeveloping a new site that meets the requirements of WCAG 2.1 Level AA. We aim to have this new site in place, by the end of 2020.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 16 September 2020 It was last reviewed on 16 September 2020.
This website was last tested on 16 September 2020. The test was carried out by a member of North East Lincolnshire Council’s Web Team, by request.
Three pages were tested in order to identify a representative list of WCAG 2.1AA violations, across the site. There are 52 pages in total, but most of these are created from the same template and all themes, HTML and accessibility violations are replicated across all pages.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test.
Core pages, such as:
- Home page
- Join Accord page
- Past Opportunities page