What is North East Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group?

It’s the organisation responsible for commissioning (planning and buying) health and adult social care services in North East Lincolnshire. It was established in April 2013 and replaced the former Care Trust Plus.

How will Accord help improve the health of local people?

It will help the NHS respond far more quickly to the needs of patients and the public based on what you tell us.

Does Accord cost a lot of money that could otherwise be spent on providing health and social care?

There is very little cost to the NHS because our members are volunteers, we use online services as much as possible and join existing community meetings to keep costs down.

This minimal investment is worthwhile as the feedback helps us to develop services that meet people’s needs, rather than investing in care which doesn’t properly help people to stay healthy and well which would be a waste of money. 

Why should I join Accord?

You will be given a unique opportunity to influence health and social care spending.

Members will also be eligible to sign up to Health Service Discounts, formerly called NHS Discounts, an NHS staff discount scheme which offers discounts on everything from holidays to sports equipment, electronic goods and clothes. http:/www.healthservicediscounts.com

How much do I have to be involved and what do I need to do?

Accord is a unique opportunity to be involved and you can do as much or as little as you like. You can:

Can I change my level of involvement at any time?

Yes, membership is built around you and your commitments so you can alter your level of involvement depending on your lifestyle.

Will treatment at my GP differ if I am a member of Accord?

No, you will not receive preferential treatment.  It merely allows you to have your say in future service developments.

Can I be a member of Accord and a Foundation Trust Member?

Yes, that’s not a problem.

What is the Accord Steering Group and what does it do?

The group takes a leadership role and is responsible for actively promoting Accord, recruiting new members and the Accord newsletter. It also provides a link from the North East Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) to the wider Accord community.

What will becoming an Accord Ambassador involve?

Accord Ambassadors attend recruitment and promotional events in the community and at GP practices to help spread the word about Accord and encourage local people to join.

How do I know if I’m suitable to be a member of the Steering Group or Accord Ambassador?

If you are enthusiastic, happy to put people’s views across and want to improve your community, you are exactly who we are looking for! We want people from all walks of life to get involved.

We will try to make things easier for you by holding meetings and events at a convenient time, helping you develop skills you might need to do the role and by making sure you are reimbursed for any expenses.

Who is Accord held accountable to?

Accord is a public body, so is accountable to the public itself.

Who provides the funding for health and adult social care?

This is provided by the Government.

Will there be any support for people who want to stand for election as a public representative?

If someone is elected, they will not be on their own. They will be supported continuously by the NHS engagement team; it's their job to make sure the public representatives can do their work properly and we will help people by giving them the skills and knowledge to do this.

How can I change my GP practice?

Every patient has the right to change their GP practice if they wish. To find your nearest surgery taking on patients visit the NHS Choices website.

Each GP practice will have its own registration process so you will need to contact your chosen practice directly.

How do I register with an NHS dentist?

To find your nearest NHS dentist that is accepting patients visit the NHS Choices website www.nhs.uk

Each NHS dentist will have its own registration process so you will need to contact your chosen practice directly.

How can I access Adult Social Care services?

It’s easy to access adult social care services just call 01472 256 256 to speak to a member of the Single Point of Access (SPA) team who will be able to assist.

I need some information about local health services but don’t know where to turn.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is a free and confidential service available to anyone who needs help and advice or information on NHS Services in North East Lincolnshire.

For more information ring the patient enquiry line on 0300 3000 500.

If I have a concern/problem about any of the health and social care services I receive, who should I speak to?

Again, our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can help. Call 0300 3000 500.