News & Events
Published on Oct 7, 2020
Our second Zoom Webinar took place on September 17th from 11am to 12.15pm. ‘Getting Better Together’ brought health and care leaders from across the system together to share the latest information and developments in North East Lincolnshire to tackle Covid 19.
More than 40 members of the public took part in the digital event which was arranged by the Accord Steering group and hosted by CCG Chair, Mark Webb.
Director of Public Health, Stephen Pintus talked about how the local system has worked together to supress the virus and local outbreak and containment plans.
Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust (NLAG) Chief Executive, Dr Peter Reading and Medical Director, Dr Kate Wood talked about how the hospital had worked over the last six to respond to the pandemic and how care is being delivered to keep patients and staff safe.
CCG Medical Director, Dr Ekta Elston provided a further update on GP services and the ‘total triage’ system which is being used to clinical assess all patients to ensure they receive the care and advice they need.
Leigh Holton, CCG Service Lead for Mental Health and Disabilities was joined by Vicky Ayres, Clinical Lead – Adult Crisis Home Treatment Team and Single Point of Access, NAVIGO to talk about how mental health services have responded to the impact of the pandemic and the setting up of the 24 hour all ages mental health crisis line.
Next, Accord Steering Group chair Liz Read quizzed CCG and Council Chief Executive, Rob Walsh about the past 12 months and the progress made to work collaboratively for the benefit of local people during the pandemic period and beyond.
The session included a live Question and Answer panel where participants were able to send in their questions to the panel as the event progressed. These questions included:
- Will the CCG and partners hold more meetings in public using digital platforms?
- Car parking at Diana Princess of Wales hospital
- How referrals into the Trust are clinically assessed and prioritised for appointments
- Availability of the flu vaccine and how vaccinations will be allocated to patients
- Support for patients to recover from the aftereffects of Covid
- How community led support is part of the 'Winter plans' and how can we ensure low level community based support can be developed further so that people do not get to the point that they need to access services
To view a recording of the event click on the following link https://vimeo.com/465741247 (This link takes you to an external video hosting website).
Watch this space for information about our next live virtual event!