News & Events
Published on Oct 8, 2019
Would you like to become a Cancer Champion, recieve free training, a certificate and badge?
Care Plus Group’s Cancer Collaborative is looking to offer a free Cancer Champion training course to the people of North East Lincolnshire.
Our cancer champions may have the opportunity to raise awareness and talk about the importance of early detection with their family, friends and social groups by providing information about symptoms of different cancers in an informal way.
The training sessions are scheduled to take place at Centre4, 17A Wootton Rd, Grimsby DN33 1HE on:
- Tuesday 5th November 2019 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Monday 27th January 2020 10am – 2:00pm
- Wednesday 25th March 2020 10am – 2:00pm
- Monday 11th May 2020 10am – 2:00pm
- Tuesday 21st July 2020 10am – 2:00pm
- Wednesday 23rd September 2020 10am – 2:00pm
- Tuesday 10th November 2020 10am – 2:00pm
Rachel Buckley, Cancer/CHD Programme Manager for Care Plus Group, said:
“The aim is to help people to recognise early symptoms of cancer and seek help when needed. Most importantly our Cancer Champions will be able to signpost people to seek help early on recognition of potential cancer symptoms. The key message is that early detection saves lives.”
If you are interested in attending the training session please contact a member of the Collaborative team, on 01472 232266 or firstname.lastname@example.org